I have to say since giving up meat over 10 years ago I haven’t missed it at all, not one single day! Although many tables will have a meat center piece as part of the holiday meal this year, more and more people are choosing alternatives after becoming aware of the animal cruelty behind traditional fare. I discoveredField Roast at a local co-op and has become one my faves for special occasions. It is %100 vegan and contains absolutely no processed ingredients or soy; just organic grains, vegetables and herbs (what a concept!). Here are some simple items to include for your holiday meals or any other night. Wishing you a compassionate holiday filled with love and kindness for your body, for animals and our planet, we are all one!
Vegan Mushroom Gravy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1/2 cup non-gmo vegetable oil or safflower oil
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 slices of brown or yellow onion chopped
- 4 tsp nutritional yeast
- 3 tbs organic tamari or coconut aminos
- 2 cups water or broth
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup garbanzo bean or rice flour
- 5 -6 white mushrooms chopped
- 1. Pour the oil in a saucepan and heat. 2. Add garlic onions and mushrooms and saute 5 minutes. 3. Add the flour, nutritional yeast, and soy sauce, stirring constantly until it makes a thick sauce. 4. Gradually stir in the water and add spices. 5. Serve hot over mashed taters!
Read more about this chef..