This is an easy recipe with a beautiful bright presentation. Makes a great dessert for the warm summer months ahead. Prep time under 30 min so you can whip this together and enjoy after dinner. You can also use raw honey as an alternative to agave. This pie is packed with lots of protein and healthy fats. I will be making this recipe along with other tasty treats at my raw food class at the end of May. Click here for more info. Enjoy!
Raw Kiwi-Lime Pie
- Prep Time
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tbs agave nectar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup raw soaked cashews
- 2-3 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup lemon or lime juice
- 1-2 tbs agave to taste
- 1 tbs melted coconut oil
- For Crust: Add walnuts, shredded coconut, and sunflower seeds to food processor and blend until fine.
- Add 1 tbs of agave and blend until texture is crumbly and starts to bind.
- Press mixture into pie dish.
- Using a fork press along edges to create ridges.
- For FIlling: Add pitted, skinned avocados, cashews, lemon or lime juice and agave.
- Blend well in a high powered blender or Vitamix using a plunger or spoon to push down sides as necessary.
- Add melted coconut oil and blend on high until creamy.
- Pour and smooth into pie crust with rubber spatula.
- Add slices of kiwi and place in freezer for 30 min to an hour.
- Serve chilled.
Read more about this chef..