- 2 cups ground buckwheat flour
- 1 cup persimmon puree
- flax egg - (1 tbs flax seeds 1/2 cup water)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp clove
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds work well)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or palm oil
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- Add all dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl (except flax seeds)
- In a blender mix flax seeds, vanilla and water and blend on high until seeds break down in liquid
- If solid melt coconut oil in a sauce pan and add to dry ingredients along with flax-vanilla mixture and persimmon purée. If you have some firm persimmons - you can dice pieces to put into the cookies along with the purée
- Mix well and add spoonfuls of cookie dough onto an oiled or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 min
- Allow cookies to cool and enjoy!
Read more about this chef..