Malva is such an amazing healing plant for sore throat, indigestion, respiratory ailments and more. Its also an amazing food source for those who like to go foraging! We picked a big bowlful around our property and made these yummy malva chips. You can use a variety of greens for this recipe but we thought we would take advantage of this abundant seasonal plant. Hope you have as much fun making these as we did. For more info on the incredible healing benefits of malva also known as mallow please check out our wellness blog post here.
- Prep Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- Large bowl of fresh malva leaves (about 15-20 cups)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup soaked sunflower seeds
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tbs sea salt
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- hemp seeds (optional)
- rinse malva leaves, remove large stems and tear into pieces
- massage leaves with lemon juice until wilted
- in a food processor add soaked, drained sunflower seeds, garlic, turmeric, nutritional yeast and salt and puree until smooth paste forms. Add water as needed.
- add paste to massaged malva leaves and toss to coat.
- add hemp seeds if using
- spread malva leaves onto 3-4 dehydrator sheets and dehydrate on living food setting (if you have one) for about 6-8 hours until the desired crunchiness is achieved.
- store in an air tight container or jar and enjoy!
Read more about this chef..